Sunday, February 15, 2009

Arrival

It's Sunday morning at 12:05pm Argentina time and I am sitting in the lobby of the Blue Soho Hotel waiting to check in.  

Although the service on American Airlines was lame, I met some nice people on the way over here and had a good trip overall.  The first leg of the trip I was sitting next to an Austalian woman, having a "yawn" when Jeff P. texted me to tell me he had a dream that I would meet my wife and she would be Australian.  No, we didn't divert to Vegas.

Anyway, I connected through Dallas and on the second leg, I sat next to an Argentine native living in Los Angeles- small world.  He (Walter) was really cool and gave me the lay of the land here and made me feel welcome.  If he is any indication of the people I will meet on this trip, I know I am going to love this town.

Anyway, my friends arrive around 7pm and I just got word that the Penthouse we wanted was rented yesterday.  My friends will be bummed but I am already in acceptance and will think no more of it.  Light to me not reacting if they feel I am to blame.

More later,  Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment