On Thursday, we walked the city and visited the cemetary. I would post the photos but I forgot my camera and need to get them from the boys. The cemetary was interesting but it was an extremely hot day so we spent some time there and then moved on to shopping.
Thursday night, we were invited by an Argentinian friend to dinner and drinks. Andrea (Andy) and her friend, Corolla are two beautiful women who invited us to a secret restaurant called Godoy away from "touristas" (tourists) and it was a wonderful night. Especially noteworthy was a 2-hour spiritual conversation I had with Andy about life, meditation, peace and harmony and consciousness. We really connected and it was amazing. The night was long and we were out until 6am.
The following day, Friday, was mostly lost to the night before, but we did manage to get some shopping in. That amazing night, we had dinner in Las Canitas at a restaurant called "Mute" with Andy, Corrola, Natalia (friend of Corrolla), and three American girls I met in the elevator of the building where we are staying (Jessica, Kellie, and Zee). I have had stomach trouble from the morning as well as a lingering cough. After dinner, at just about midnight, the restaurant filled up with club goers and smokers. The second-hand smoke that fills the restaurant/bars has especially been troublesome to me. I began having mini-panic attacks from the smoke and decided to meditate for 20 minutes at the dinner table in an effort to connect with the infinite inside end the mini-panic attacks that I was experiencing. In that meditation, I remembered something I had forgotten somehow (to take care of myself). So, in reconnecting to the infinite, after dinner, I decided my night was done (although the rest of our group were intending to stay and go to Crowbar, a big trance (my favorite music) club in BA which I really wanted to go to). I thought my night was over, but the Universe had other plans. As I began to say goodbyes, Andy said she would walk me to the taxi. Halfway to the taxi and Andy and I were connecting again and agreed to grab coffee together in Palermo away from the clubgoers of Las Canitas. For the next seven hours we connected while time stood still. The night was magical and I fell in love with the spirit of Andy. She left in the morning to go home, change and then head to work. I asked if she could call in sick and stay with me but she is a wedding planner and had a wedding this weekend. She left with a kiss and I retired to bed.
The following day, the group of us slept late, hit the steam room and lunch in Recoleta, in preparation of the evening, a Saturday night, the biggest in Buenos Aires.

No comments:
Post a Comment